Terms & Conditions
T-Systems International GmbH (“T-Systems”) data privacy information for Data Intelligence Hub (DIH)
T-Systems International GmbH attaches great importance to protecting your personal data. We always inform you what personal data we collect, how your data is used, and how you can influence the process.
Where can I find the information that is important to me?
This data privacy information provides an overview of the items which apply to Deutsche Telekom processing your data in this web portal.Further information, including information on data protection for specific products, is available at https://www.telekom.com/en/corporate-responsibility/data-protection-data-security/data-protection and https://www.telekom.com/en/deutsche-telekom/privacy-policy-1744.
Who is responsible for data processing? Who should I contact if I have any queries regarding data privacy at Deutsche Telekom?
T-Systems International GmbH, Hahnstraße 43d, D – 60528 Frankfurt am Main acts as the data controller. If you have any queries, please contact our Customer Services department or the Group Data Privacy Officer, Dr. Claus D. Ulmer, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, 53113 Bonn, Germany email@example.com.
What rights do I have?
You have the right
- To request information on the categories of personal data concerned, the purpose of the processing, any recipients of the data, the envisaged storage period (Art. 15 GDPR);
- To request incorrect or incomplete data is rectified or supplemented (Art. 16 GDPR);
- To withdraw consent at any time with effect for the future (Art. 7 (3) GDPR);
- To object to the processing of data on the grounds of legitimate interests, for reasons relating to your particular situation (Art 21 (1) GDPR);
- To request the erasure of data in certain cases under Art. 17 GDPR – especially if the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or is unlawfully processed, or you withdraw your consent according to (c) above or objected according to (d) above;
- To demand under certain circumstances the restriction of data where erasure is not possible or the erasure obligation is disputed (Art. 18 GDPR);
- To data portability, e. you can receive your data which you provided to us, in a commonly used and machine-readable format, such as CSV and can, where necessary, transmit the data to others (Art. 20 GDPR);
- To file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority regarding data processing (for telecommunications contracts: the German Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit); for any other matters: State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen).
Who does Deutsche Telekom pass my data on to?
- To processors, i.e. companies we engage to process data within the legally defined scope, Art. 28 GDPR (service providers, agents). In this case, Deutsche Telekom also remains responsible for protecting your data. We engage companies particularly in the following areas: IT, sales, marketing, finance, consulting, customer services, HR, logistics, printing.
- To cooperation partners who, on their own responsibility, provide services for you or in conjunction with your Deutsche Telekom contract. This is the case if you contract with us services from these partners or if you consent to the incorporation of the partner or if we incorporate the partner on the basis of legal permission.
- Owing to legal obligations: In certain cases, we are legally obliged to transfer certain data to the requesting state authority.
Where is my data processed?
In general, your data is processed in Germany and in other European countries.
If your data is also processed in countries outside the European Union (i.e. in third countries) by way of exception, this is done only if you have explicitly given your consent or it is required so we can provide you with services or it is prescribed by law (Art. 49 GDPR). Furthermore, your data is only processed in third countries if certain measures ensure a suitable level of data protection (e.g. EU Commission’s adequacy decision or suitable guarantees, Art. 44 ff. GDPR).
What data is recorded, how is it used and how long is it stored?
- Technical characteristics:
When you visit our websites, the web server temporarily records the domain name or your computer’s IP address, the file requested (file name and URL) by the client, the http response code, and the website from which you are visiting us.The recorded data is used solely for data security purposes, particularly to protect against attempted attacks on our web server (Art. 6 (1) f GDPR). We do not use it to create individual user profiles nor do we share this information with third parties. It is erased after 7 days at the latest. We reserve the right to statistically analyze anonymized data records.
- For the provision of services:
We use your personal data only for the purpose of technical administration of the websites and to fulfill your wishes and requirements. Additional personal data, e.g. Your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address will not be recorded unless you provide this information voluntarily or in connection with the registration at the DIH Marketplace. The data obtained from you when you contact us will be processed exclusively by T-Systems International GmbH for the purpose of formulating the inquiry response and the provision of services. Only if you have given us your prior consent, we use this data for product-related surveys and marketing purposes – but only in the required dimensions for each specific case and according to the given consent. A transfer of personal data to third parties is only after the express consent of the person concerned. Our contractual partners are contractually obligated by us to treat your data confidentially and in accordance with the statutory provisions. Whether we are allowed to use your data for our own marketing purposes, you can determine yourself in the context of your registration. You will only receive promotional information from us if you consent to such use. You have the option at any time to object to such use and to revoke any consent given.When you register, we process and use the contract data collected at the conclusion of the contract and during the contract period, which are necessary for the mutual and proper performance of the contract, as well as the voluntary information (contract data). The contract data includes the title, last name and first name, address, telephone number and / or e-mail addresses, data on payment processing and sales data – differentiated according to the services used, products and information about the products you use. If you set up additional users, their data will also be saved. Your contract data will be stored beyond the end of the contractual relationship only in accordance with the contractual agreements and are limited to the minimum required in each case. We save the contract text and send you the order data by e-mail. Your contract data will be deleted no later than 90 days after termination of the contract relationship by deleting your user account.
- Usage and billing data:
We store and use billing data for the proper provision of our services and for billing purposes. The billing information includes information about the beginning and end of each use and the services used.
- Technical characteristics:
Will my usage habits be evaluated, e.g. for advertising purposes, tracking or fraud prevention?
- Fraud prevention: Explanations and definitions: We want you to enjoy using our websites and take advantage of our products and services. We have an economic interest in ensuring this is the case. We analyze your usage habits on the basis of anonymized or pseudonymized data so you can find the products that interest you and so we can make our websites user-friendly. We or companies commissioned by us to process data create usage profiles to the extent permitted by law. This information cannot be traced back to you directly. Subsequently we inform you generally about the various purposes and techniques. Afterwards you have the right to revoke your consent. However, please remember that in this case you may not have access to the full range of functions offered by our websites.1. Purposes (Art. 6 (1) f GDPR / §15 (3) German Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz – TMG)
- Tag management: Tag management is used to manage tracking tools in websites. A tag is set for each page to do this. Based on the tag, the system can determine which tracking tools should be used for this page. Tag management can be used to specifically control tracking so that the tools are only used where appropriate.Market research / Reach measurementReach measurement provides statistics on a website’s usage intensity and the number of users, along with comparable figures for all the connected services. Individual users are not identified at any time. Your identity is always protected.Profiles for designing the web portal based on needsWe use clickstream analysis to improve our websites constantly. The clickstream corresponds to your movement path on the websites. Analyzing the movement paths provides us with an insight into usage habits on our websites. This lets us identify possible structural errors in the websites and thus improve the websites so they are optimally tailored to your needs. Individual users are not identified at any time.
- Profiles for personalized recommendations: Deutsche Telekom provides you with personalized action and click recommendations for offerings, services or products. To do so, the service provider creates a pseudonymized profile about the services and websites you access on the Internet and assigns categories to this profile. The system displays content or information that matches your profile. At no time are individual users identified or personal data used for the profile.
For certain services, we use persistent cookies, which are stored on your computer for future sessions. In this case, we notify you about the cookie’s storage period.You can set your browser to prevent these cookies being stored or to delete the cookies at the end of your Internet session. However, please remember that in this case you may not have access to the full range of functions offered by our websites. For information about browser settings go to: https://www.sicherdigital.de/sicher-surfen#sicher-surfen-browsereinstellungen
Services from other companies that assume responsibility for providing their services
- Google reCaptcha
- Google Adwords
- Social media
We use links to the following social networks on our website: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Xing, Google+. If you click on these links, you will be redirected to the websites of these providers. Before, no transmission of your personal data takes place.Further information of the social networks can be found here:
- Facebook: Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Twitter: Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States https://twitter.com/privacy
- Xing: XING SE, Dammtorstrasse 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany https://privacy.xing.com/
- Google+: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de
- Google reCaptcha
Contact requests / contact possibilities
If you contact us via contact form or e-mail, the data you provide will be used to process your request. The specification of the data is necessary for processing and answering your inquiry – without their provision we cannot answer your inquiry or at best only to a limited extent.
The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 (1) lit. b) GDPR.
Your data will be deleted, provided that your request has been finally answered and the deletion does not conflict with any statutory storage requirements, such as in the event of subsequent contract execution.
Data privacy information last revised: November 29th, 2018