HERE – Leading Location Data Provider Joins the Deutsche Telekom DIH
HERE is a leading provider of mapping and location data and related services to individuals and companies covering sectors such as Automotive, Public Sector & Infrastructure, Transportation & Logistics. Their data assets are widely used for developing applications that enable safer driving, optimization of last-mile delivery including the enablement of real-time visibility within supply chains. By being a data partner on the Telekom Data Intelligence Hub, it is easier than ever to incorporate precise and timely location data and services from HERE into your data analytics projects, CRM-systems, tracking solutions and enterprise information management systems.
HERE offers an extensive spectrum of quality data sets that include all important KPIs when it comes to building location- or traffic-data based solutions. Utilizing data from multiple sources (such as cellular stations or cars that are equipped with LiDAR scanners) enables HERE to offer a variety of different categories of data to choose from. Below is a list of four data categories that are currently available on the DIH-Marketplace.
HERE 3D Geodata Models
- HERE Geodata Models are a set of global, scalable, high precision 3D datasets derived from terrestrial LiDAR and other remote sensed content that can greatly simplify 5G wireless network planning, deployment, and maintenance. Other peer solutions attempt to repurpose their 4G mid-band spectrum network planning datasets for 5G, whereas HERE Geodata Models are purpose-built and optimized for 5G network planning, possessing unrivaled precision, scalability, attribution, and consistency. HERE Geodata models can assist MNOs with substantially reducing 5G network planning OpEx (reduction of up to 40% of the OpEx associated with new cell site candidate real estate assessment and selection) and accelerating time to service for individual small cells.
HERE Cellular Signals
- HERE Cellular Signals provides multiple layers of information on the cellular networks in areas of service delivery, including network coverage, available carriers and radio access technologies. The product includes signal strength in a polygonal configuration, as well as two layers of signal strength aligned to the HERE road network. All layers represent how end-users experience their cellular connection and can be used for various use cases across telecommunications, transportation and logistics as well as automotive industries.
HERE Traffic Patterns
- Traffic Pattern and speed data are built annually based on 3 years worth of probe observations. The data is available for every road in the Map database, and within 15 minute epochs for each day of the week. The data can be used for many use cases from advertising to automotive industries, but are especially designed for providing accurate ETAs for the mobility and transportation sector. The data is provided in local time, as well as kph and mph in .csv format.
HERE Places Extract
- Places Extract is a searchable digital index of the physical world. Comprehensive and always fresh Places content is available in a single extract format (XML). Global data covers 200 countries globally, from more than 400 categories (banks, restaurants, hotels etc.) enriched with hundreds of attributes (hours of operations, payment methods etc.). Places Extract can be used across industries for various use cases.
HERE Location Data in a Practice
Location data is not limited to one specific industry and rather serves as the foundation within many data-driven solutions. The resulting applications, insights and benefits can be of great value for anyone. To give an example we may take a look at a selection of industries that can and already do benefit from the practical evaluation of location data. In this context, we can easily assign possible applications of the four HERE data categories onto the selection of industries listed below.
- HERE Traffic Patterns data can be used to support governments and transportation agencies by providing a deep understanding of the dynamics and travel times within their networks.
- Utilizing HERE Places Extract data to gain comprehensive insights into the inner workings of a specific region can simplify city planning whilst providing powerful insights for local companies.
- HERE 3D Geodata Models can help city planners, architects and engineers in urban planning by enabling asset visualization including augmented urban visualization. HERE 3D Geodata Models can also support in the conception of maps for unnamed aerial and terrestrial vehicles (including drones).
- In one of our recent studies, we had the chance to experience the value of location data when it is being applied within a simulation environment. Our goal was to explore and test different solutions that can help intermodal mobility within large cities such as Berlin. To read more about the project “Berlin Digital Twin” and yet another practical application of location data in the public sector, please click on the provided link in the references.
- Autonomous vehicles are undoubtedly going to facilitate themselves as major participants within the traffic of our near future. As a matter of fact, HERE 3D Geodata Models data can also be used for autonomous vehicle simulations. To read more about our article, “Space Race“, on autonomous driving in the future, please click on the provided link in our references.
- For connected vehicles/things, HERE Cellular Signals can be used to predict connectivity along the road.
- For the telecommunication industry, HERE 3D Geodata Models data can greatly simplify 5G wireless network planning, design and maintenance by allowing to conduct site selections, line of sight modeling, and RF propagation planning remotely, from a desk reducing the time and cost of physical site surveys.
- HERE Cellular Signals data can furthermore be used to compare different cellular networks by signal strength (poor, fair, good, excellent) and to identify areas of improvement. This information makes it possible to conduct a competitive analysis of all carriers providing service in a given area.
Transportation and Logistics:
- HERE Cellular Signals data may also be used to support better communications between dispatch and drivers for increased efficiency as well as better resource utilization.
- HERE Traffic Patterns data can even enable traffic-aware routing without an active data connection.